Google
 

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Castro's Anus

I was waiting to find an appropriate moment to use this picture, and I have finally found one!




I have been mocking this sign for months- since I first passed by on my way home from work one day. Anal reconstructive surgery? Were people really so vain that there was a demand for anal beautification? Was I jumping to conclusions by assuming that reconstruction meant cosmetic? Probably, but it's funnier that way. So for many months, I've pondered how to comment on the Seoul Anal Surgery Clinic and gradually, it became a faded memory. But tonight I sat watching The Daily Show and it all became clear. Fidel Castro, Cuba's reknown dictator has been in and out of surgery to fix some problem with his intestines or something.

"A second operation to clean and drain the infected area was conducted. Doctors removed the remainder of Castro's large intestine and created an artificial anus. But this operation also failed, El Pais said... A prosthetic device made in South Korea was implanted in the bile duct and failed..."

So there you have it, folks- Castro's anus brought to you from Mok-Dong, South Korea...


No comments: