Google
 

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Homeward Bound... Indirectly

That's that. My bags are packed and I'm waiting at my Korean apartment for my boss to pick me up and drive me to the airport. I've barely slept in three days. On the 13th, I took the bus from Vientiane to Bangkok- which I thought was twelve hours, turned out to be only nine. I arrived in Bangkok at 5am and went on the hunt for a place to stay. Everything was full, so it took me awhile. I finally crashed at 6:30am and woke at 10am to do one last run through the landmarks I'd missed in Bangkok. At 8pm, I made my way to the airport and boarded the plane at midnight. The flight was just short enough that I managed to fall asleep and was woken up half an hour later for breakfast. I did one last run around Seoul and met up with Leslie for some digi-galbi (bbq pork with all the side dishes). Afterwards I met up with Song for last beers and good-bye. It was hard to do. I crashed last night in my old bed as my short-term roomate, Joey stayed out with friends. I enjoyed my last night to myself in my big bed. I woke up at 9:30am, feeling like I was late for school. I started to pack and have now finished stuffing a year's worth of memories into a few big bags. My flight leaves at 6pm (Thursday, Nov 16) and arrives in Calgary at 3pm (Thursday, Nov 16)- meaning of course, that I arrive in Calgary three hours before I leave Korea. The jet lag might just kill me. I've strategized, however- I've slept as little as possible, hoping that I'll fall right asleep as soon as I get on the plane. In any case, I'm off for my last bibimbap (rice, vegetables, egg and red pepper paste- all mixed up). I should have photos up shortly of my trip and will be sure to update on my culture shock upon returning to Canada. I apologize in advance for my slow speech and inability to complete sentences without pausing. I might have been here to teach- and my kids learned alot, but my English has regressed. Don't say you haven't been warned.

1 comment:

Bon Jin Ku said...

How's Canada thus far?