Google
 

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chiang Mai

I managed through the twelve hour bus ride from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. I arrived at 7am and was dropped at a gas station where we were piled into mini vans from different guest houses for the rest of the journey. I crawled into my double bed in my air-conditioned room after paying 6$ at the front desk. I spent the following day tearing around the city in an effort to see as many of the city's temples as possible. The city boasts over three hundred temples for it's 1 million people. I didn't even make a dent. I just came back from two days in the jungle hiking, bamboo rafting and elephant treking. Oh yes, and drinking with the hill tribes. Tomorrow I head to Chiang Rai (further North) - and then continue along into Laos by slow boat... which will take two excruatiating days. Time is up, I'll write a better post later!

No comments: